An actual ACT Mathematics Test contains 60 questions to be answered in 60 minutes.
- Read each question carefully to make sure you understand the type of answer required.
- If you choose to use a calculator, be sure it is permitted, is working on test day, and has reliable batteries.
- Use your calculator wisely.
- Solve the problem.
- Locate your solution among the answer choices.
- Make sure you answer the question asked.
- Make sure your answer is reasonable.
- Check your work.
- Review the latest information on permitted and prohibited calculators.
- You are not required to use a calculator. All the problems can be solved without a calculator.
- If you regularly use a calculator in your mathematics work, use one you're familiar with when you take the mathematics test. Using a more powerful, but unfamiliar, calculator is not likely to give you an advantage over using the kind you normally use.